Saturday, September 27, 2008

Morning View


It has been a while, all to do with changing home (again). Anyway last week I moved into a new place and hope to stay here for a while. I woke up this Sunday morning at an early hour, leaned back on my pillow to see what the weather was like and noticed this big sailing boat that was passing by. Needless to say that I feel lucky to have found this spot!

It looks as if spring has arrived in NZ, last week we had a few days with a lot of sunshine. Today it was the same deal and hence I decided to go shopping for some furniture, something one does on a beautiful day. Funnily enough, NZ does not have an Ikea which is a real pity because that would be the ideal place to get some funky book shelves and the like. The closest shop in respect to the Ikea style I was told is called "Freedom". Well let me tell you, it is definitely not even near the same stuff as Ikea, it is expensive, shop assistants follow you through the store ready to pounce, there is no warehouse with carts where you can collide with other customers, no yellow bags, yes the style is modern but it does not have the "easy" component, does not serve Swedish meatballs either, and they don't have a restaurant which is probably the reason why the meatballs are not on the menu. So no book shelves for me today, fortunately I shipped my Ikea work table from LA and on second thought I should have shipped the rest of my furniture as well, this stuff is not cheap over here, provided one can find it in the first place ofcourse. But on a positive note I did buy a long table for the living room at the "Office WareHouse" which is a cheap chain that sells stationary and office equipment. It was on sale for NZ$199 and after questioning the shop assistant it appears to be called a "canteen table"... what ever, the size is perfect, I put it in front of the window so that I can keep an eye on those big sailing boats while eating my muesli in the morning!

1 comment:

Mark McDonnell said...

Awesome RENE!!!! Good to hear you are doing well and now settled into your nest. We miss you but I hope all is well and you are back at figure drawing I see . . .I like it!!!

Best,

MAC